Baume and Mercier is one of the best Swiss companies around. Watches made by the prestigious company are snapped up as soon as they come out. Over the years, the company has come out with several lines of watches that are not only functional for use but are elegant and chic to wear too. The watches are worn by several celebrities and film stars due to their elegance and precision time keeping quality. One of the latest watches to hit the stands from the Baume and Mercier stable is the Baume & Mercier Hampton XL Magnun in Titanium. The watch created a sensation when it came out and here are a few of the more attractive technical specifications you should be aware of:
• The watches are built for the man that wants to combine elegance with hard strength. Even though the watches look elegant they are built to resist pressure and scratches and any other problems.
• The watch is water resistant up to 200 meters underwater and can be easily worn for scuba diving and sailing as well as any water activity.
• The watch has a self winding activity that can be seen through a small square window located at the bottom of the watch casing.
• The square casing is made of stainless and titanium and it can be worn for dress occasions as well as a functional watch. The self finished steel is highly polished and it resembles a mirror like finish.
• You can choose from a color of selection of black and white on the dial face. The strap is vulcanized rubber but you do get an alligator strap by special order.
• The numerals are white on a black dial and vice versa while the hands are made of stainless steel with luminescent coating to make time reading easy at night. At the bottom of the dial there is a separate dual time zone chronograph and a huge time display at the 12 o’clock position.
• The trademark of the watch is Greek letter “PHI” which is found on the dial, winding crown and case back of every registered Baume and Mercier watch to indicate that it follows the numerical divine proportion as set by Leonardo Da Vinci.
• The size of the watch is about 45 mm and the width of the casing is about 34.1 mm.
• Although the watch has been expressly made for men, it’s still great for women to wear too. You can also get a separate version for women that is almost the same size and shape but with 52 diamonds embedded in to the bezel. This version has been specially made for Middle Eastern Women and comes in two colors of white and pink. The women’s version is a limited version with only a few pieces being made to order.
What it’s going to cost you?
Baume and Mercier is a top quality Swiss watch maker with a world class reputation. The watches they make immediately become heirloom pieces and are well worth the investment. At present, the cost of the Baume & Mercier Hampton XL Magnum in Titanium is estimated to be about $3,249.00 to about $4,490.00.